Mites have not been associated with mold before, but now it has been discovered that the tiny white and tan “bugs” that people are finding swarming over surfaces are actually “mold mites.” They are attracted by and thrive in moist, moldy environments that are generally found in kitchens and bathrooms. This kind of mite actually feeds on mold, and the population can explode rapidly.
Although these mites don’t cause structural damage or bite, the have particularly long “hairs,” or setae, which break off and become airborne and cause a kind of allergic reaction in some people. Even if they don’t trigger that particular allergic reaction, they’re still a huge contribution to the kind of airborne allergens that cause respiratory distress in anyone with any kind of allergy or asthma. The solution for mold mites is extremely simple – do away with the mold – the mold mites are gone! This is one of the times when A-One Exterminators can eliminate the pest simply by eliminating its habitat!